Kingsmills Hotel Inverness
Built in 1786 for William Inglis who was later to become Provost of Inverness. The original house is the heart of the hotel, you can still see the ornate ceiling and cornice in the Adams Lounge.
The name Kingsmills commemorates a meal mill which stood in the grounds of the hotel until the 1950's. Licensing of the mill was granted by the crown alone until 1575 hence the "Kings" mills.
Provost Inglis, was visited by Robert Burns on Wednesday 5th September 1787, and the letter from Rabbie Burns thanking the Provost for the warm welcome during the visit is on display in reception.
A mile from the city centre and the River Ness, which flows majestically through the centre, the Kingsmills has extended over the years to open as a luxury Inverness hotel in 1947.
A wide range of glorious rooms available from a standard room to an elegant Deluxe Room with kingsize beds. There are also suites with separate rooms for the children with lots of space and huge bathrooms.
There is a choice of 2 restaurants. We have access to one of the most abundant sources of fresh and delicious ingredients from the Inverness area and through the Highlands of Scotland. From just caught fish and shellfish to local meat and vegetables and handpicked fruits in season.
The Inglis Restaurant with a fixed price table d'hote menu, or The Conservatory a la Carte Restaurant with views over the garden grounds, just the perfect place to enjoy an intimate lunch, impress a client or indulge a late summer sunset.
Great Leisure Facilities in the Kingsclub & Spa with a range of spa packages available.